Diploma in Food ProductionDuration: 1 Year Eligibility: 10th & Above
Fees & Scholarship details
To get into the hotel and travel industry, many high school students and even graduate students opt for a diploma in food production course. This diploma course holds excellent potential for offering great career opportunities to aspirants. Best Diploma in Food Production colleges have a significant number of enrolled students as the course has a rich curriculum and placement opportunities.
In India, the pursuit of culinary excellence and the art of gastronomy are gaining increasing recognition and importance, making the Diploma in Food Production a highly sought-after and rewarding educational pathway. This program is designed to provide aspiring chefs and culinary enthusiasts with a comprehensive foundation in the intricacies of food production, equipping them with the knowledge and practical skills required to excel in the dynamic and ever-evolving world of culinary arts.
What is a Diploma in Food Production?
A diploma in Food Production is a short-term course that typically takes 6-12 months to complete. The duration of the program may vary depending on colleges or universities. At DSHM Jaipur, you will find a diploma in Food Production course, which prepares you for all knowledge and skills required for the food production industry.
- Course Duration 1-year
- Minimum Requirement 10th or 12th Pass
- Course Fee Check Here
- Higher Education Bachelor of Hotel Management
Diploma in Food Production Course Curriculum
DSHM Jaipur works on an advanced food production course curriculum that helps
students prepare to tackle global food-making challenges. Diploma programs in food
production are often hands-on and may include practical training in a real kitchen
Here is the tabular representation of the course curriculum for your reference:
|Hygiene & Sanitation
Diploma in Food Production Scope
There is a massive demand for skilled and trained candidates in the food and hospitality industry at a global scale. If you have completed your diploma in food production from DSHM, one of the best Diploma in Food Production Colleges in Jaipur, you will get great scope after completion of your diploma course. Students are well-prepared for entry-level positions in the food and hospitality industry, such as line cooks, prep chefs, or kitchen assistants.
|Food Quality Assurance Manager
|Front Line Executive
Diploma in Food Production Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for a diploma in food production course may vary from college to college. However, some standard eligibility criteria are the same for every diploma in food production colleges.
- Candidates who have appeared/passed the 10th examination of CBSE, ICSE, or equivalent accreditation.
- 12th pass-out students can also apply for the diploma in food production colleges
- No minimum percentage of marks is required for a diploma in food production course
Admission Process At One of the Best Colleges for Diploma in Food Production
Once you fulfil all the basic eligibility criteria, you need to follow the admission process of the best colleges for a diploma in food production. There is no such hard & fast rule for taking admission to a diploma in food production course.
Step 1: Go to the official website of DSHM, Jaipur
Step 2: Enter the Connect Page.
Step 3: Fill in the application form.
Step 4: Pay the application fee and submit the form.
Our DSHM team will contact you for further admission proceedings.
Required Skill Set for Diploma in Food Production
To become successful in this field, students need to have certain skills. The required skill set for this program may vary depending on the specific institution and course curriculum. Here are the following skill sets that you must hold for a diploma in food production:
- Culinary Skills
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Menu Planning
- Food Presentation
- Ingredient Knowledge
- Kitchen Management
- Culinary Techniques
- Baking and Pastry Skills
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Team Management Skills
Career after Diploma in Food Production
After completing your course from the best colleges for a diploma in food production, you have various career options in the culinary and food service industry. A diploma in Food Production provides the foundational knowledge and practical skills necessary for a successful career in food production and related fields. Look at the following career path after completing your diploma in food production:-
- Chef:With this diploma, you can pursue a career as a chef. You can work in restaurants, hotels, cruise ships, catering companies, and more.
- Sous Chef:It is another popular job after completing this diploma program. A sous chef is the second-in-command in a kitchen and assists the head chef in managing the kitchen's daily operations.
- Pastry Chef:Pastry chefs specialize in creating a wide range of baked goods, desserts, and pastries.
- Food Production Manager: Food production managers oversee large-scale food production operations in facilities such as food processing plants, catering companies, and industrial kitchens.
- Catering Manager: Catering managers coordinate and manage food service at events, weddings, conferences, and other gatherings.
Food Quality Assurance Specialist, Food Stylist, Food Research and Development (R&D), Food Entrepreneur, Food Critic or Blogger and Researcher or Consultant are some other notable career options after this diploma program.